3. mar. 2009

The art of standing in fire

Okay before I get started I'd like to state the fact real quick that I officially FAIL. I said in my last post that I thought my 2nd post would be posted AFTER the 1st one. Now obviously, this wasn't the way it played out. I ain't gonna question the design of this website, cause quite frankly, the guys who developed it are probably lightyears brighter than me. So now that's out of the question, let's get on with the actual post (This first section doesn't exist, no one is gonna believe you. I know where you li.. anyway).

Hello world. Been a few days since my last post, but I've already got more stuff to share with yer all. Basically, as I mentioned in my first post, I am a major WoW geek. I've played it for almost 4 years and would consider myself quite alright at the game by now. There's still plenty of people out there who could woop my arse any day, but I guess I'm somewhere just above average (That wasn't actually a rough estimate, it was actually very accurate).

Oh and also, something real quick before we get started, every time I've been writing stuff for my blog, I've been listening to something awesome on repeat. I guess I might make this a tradition and share with you all just what I'm listening to at this very moment. Now last time I was listening to some acoustic performances by Breaking Benjamin, yet this time, I've gone to the extreme of all things emo. I'm currenly listening to Attack by 30 Seconds To Mars.

Yes, it's that bad. I know. I wouldn't be proud either. I KNOW. Anyway it's quite an awesome track - for a lot of us it's connected with a lot of good ol' PvP memories. If you're one of those guys, please feel free to stand up at this very moment and yell: "THE CAKE IS A LIE" (See I managed to slip a quote of awesome in there, pro eh?). Back on track, please feel free to listen to this while reading my blog. From now on, I will start every post by mentioning what I'm listening to while writing. This way we can listen to the same thing and, in some twisted fashion, be mentally connected in a way only Neo has the ability to comprehend. Uhm, anyway. Consider that an update to the "section" thingy. Wow, that was a really big detour for something quite useless to the actual stuff I want to share.

So back on track, I play WoW and happen to be in a raiding guild. Currently, we have cleared everything in the game except Sartharion and company (3 drakes). Now I will admit, this significant encounter is VASTLY harder than everything else Blizzard has thrown at us with this expansion thus far, so I can understand that some people might find the initial phase of understanding this encounter a bit tricky. However, there's got to be limits to the madness.
First, I'll quickly run you through the encounter and the optional bits to it - for all you non WoW'ers out there (I'm being naive, I know.) Anyway the Sartharion encounter can be engaged while either having killed 1, 2, 3 or none of the minidwagons surrounding him in his giant room. Depending on how many you kill, the fight becomes progressively harder (3 = easy, None = Crazyassclosetoimpossible). As I said, we've done everything except 3 drakes. If you indeed choose to engage him with non alive, there's only gonna be a few adds to deal with, and you're gonna have to avoid a few fire waves of doom. You might be thinking "Wow that sounds really hard." It is NOT. Okay? Everyone who wipes with zero drakes alive should get slapped with a really big fish. Just tied up to a chair and slapped with it.. and again.
So you move on to one drake. Now, you're gonna have to kill one of the small drakes while tanking the big one. This is where the fun begins. Depending on which drakes you leave alive, you're gonna face differenct detours on your way to that shiny chest, each with their own unique sorta feel to it. Now mind you, while you do this, you're still gonna have to pay attention to the giant fire walls of doom. So you get that down (Honestly, it's quite easy). And you move on to 2 drakes. This is the same as the first fight, but as the name suggests, you now have 2 drakes alive. Same shit, slightly harder. No biggie. Eventually, you're gonna get it down and move on the real big fish. At this point, the fight has become a giant "DONT STAND IN BLUE STUFF, GET HIT BY FIRE OR SOMETHING SIMILAR, YOU WILL BE FLAMED" sorta adventure. while dealing with all of this, you now also have to push out A LOT of raid dps (I believe it's somewhere around 60k).
Yesterday evening, my guild and I had a whole evening trying to get this thing down. And we couldn't do it. People kept standing in shit they weren't supposed to and we simply didn't push out enough DPS to get the job done. It seems that our RL found out that we did something slightly wrong, but we still were quite far away from getting it. So we had around 20 goes and none of em seemed to get us anywhere near the kill. I don't mind this. I LOVE spending the entire night dying over and over and over. It's why I play this game basically. And I'm sure that, eventually, we will kill this son of a something awful. What I didn't like was the fact of people standing in shit they weren't supposed to. Just DON'T.

So anyway that's a big rant about my universe of pixels. One of the few things in life that can get me pissed (Sounds odd, hm?), but hopefully, we will nail this fight at some point. It's probably not gonna happen before Ulduar gets released, but whatever. I'd like the title.

So that's another major post there, I'm gonna end it here so you ain't gonna die (Wouldn't like that, not at all, nope). A quick recap: I introduced a new section - the "What am I listening to while writing" and I went a bit emo on the nature of the Sarth 3D encounter. Next time I'm gonna talk about a book I like. Be ready.

3 kommentarer: