12. mar. 2009

Being a vampire - the new black?

Hello world. Yet again I find myself typing in class. Main reason for this being that I've found the lessons to be increasingly boring. Actually, maybe it's just me who is becoming increasingly slackier. But between the occasional note taking, there is nothing to do really. Listening to the teacher rambling on about whatever is easily doable while typing, and thinking. Or is it now? Hey, wait. Back up, what's that last thing we were supposed to do? A paper you say? When? Yesterday? Oh..
A friend of mine has been bugging me about posting on the subject of "A day in my life". He thinks this would actually be interesting reading. I wouldn't be so sure, yet I'm planning on doing it anyway. Not in this post, though. I will be going to Germany on sunday with my father, uncle and cousins. Hopefully this will be a fun experience, which I will be able to talk about later. Who knows, there might even pop up a fun story, which I would be able to share with my great wave of addicted blog readers. Yeah..
For this entry, however, I'm gonna go ahead and post some more.. movie stuff! Yes that's right. Recently I downloaded the one and only Twilight. For a long time, I wasn't sure if I could be arsed with it, but I found myself bored and did it anway. More on this subject in a wee bit.

Moving on to the sacred section of "What am I listening to while typing". Being in class again, I'm gonna have to deal with the issue of not being able to listen to anything. No worries though. As always, I've got a fresh song in mind I listening to just about an hour ago. I can still imagine it in my head, or well, recall the rythm. As I've mentioned a few times, I really enjoy melodic death metal. To give you just a tiny slice of this, I'm gonna go ahead and give you this: In Flames - F(r)iend. I hope you will enjoy it, I sure know I do. Obviously, In Flames has made numerous of indeed awesome tracks, and recently I have found myself exploring the more trashy side of the band. Initially, you might find yourself shocked at the aggresive riffs and growly vocals, but don't worry. The more you listen to it, the more compelled you get. It is indeed awesome.

A couple of months ago, my sister and dad (I think it was), were talking about the hideous amount of hits The Beatles has made. I don't think I fired off a counter argument, but in my head I tried to imagine which bands I knew, who had produced more hits than those guys. I came up with Breaking Benjamin and In Flames. The amount of good music those to band in particular have produced is close to unimagineable. Just a short detour from the main point, but I thought it was relevent. Anyway please feel free to explore the band if you wish, you are most likely not going to regret it.

So main topic for the post, Twilight. I've heard loads of chatter about it, it was in commercials everywhere and I was getting very curious. So a few nights ago I finally downloaded it, and watched it. I didn't know much about it to begin with. Something about vampires, a romance affair and Muse and Paramore on the OST. If I have to be quite honest, the main reason I got around to it was because of Paramore. Love it, watching movies while listening to awesome music is a crazy match. However, when the movie was over and the credits started rolling, some random song started. Eventually it ended, and some other song played. Still no Paramore. I was getting desperate. The movie was long over, and credits just kept on rolling. So the next song ended and then, finally, Paramore began playing. It made my day. Actually, it probably did not. But there you go.
So anyway the plot of the movie real quick. You meet this girl who is, apparently, completely normal. She moves to a new city (Can't recall which), and tries to function in a new high school in a new place. She is very popular, which I found sorta odd. Usually in these types of movies, they are being bullied back to the stoneage, but then end up rocking the school in the end. Anyway she spots this guy one day and more or less instantly falls in love with him (At least that's what it looked like). The guy doesn't for some odd reason seem to like her. He's away from school a couple of days and our main character gets worried. Then some day he returns, saves the girl from a car accident, and melts her heart. She finds out that he is indeed a vampire, as his entire family is. Now as you all know (Assuming you haven't been living under a rock), vampires live on blood. According to this movie they don't sleep either. This I didn't know. You learn every day, eh? Howver, people in this family don't drink human blood. They stick to animals. But despite this, people are getting murdered all over the place. As you may have guessed, there is an evil rival family going on. And those guys like human blood. It ends up in a giant vampire catfight, the bad family loses and the god one conquers all. And, of course, the girl gets her loved one in the end as well.
So, recommend or not? IMDB has given it 6.1. Not a lot. And quite honestly, I'm gonna stick with that. The plot was boring, not original at all, acting was a bit meh. Only thing that pulls is up is the use of Muse and Paramore. Sorry. If you one night find yourself bored to tears, thinking that it's either watch a random movie or shoot yourself in the foot - you should watch it. If you don't happen to find yourself in that situation though, there's plenty of better movies out there these days.
Again a post belonging in the movie section. Quite a few of these by now. Next time, however, I'm gonna post the "A day in my life" thingy. It might turn out horrible, it might turn out alright. Time will show, as always.

Stay tuned.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar