27. mar. 2009

The multi layered retrospective

Hello. I meant to update a few days ago, but yet again I've found myself slacking. I really meant to. Honestly. As usual, I thought I could be able to do my updating in class. Yet every time I thought "Alright I'll sit down next german lesson (for example) and write something", we were divided into some stupid groups and had to do actual work. Nothing more annoying. The optimal lessons are the ones where the teacher talks non stop for 90 minutes basically. Here, you can pretend to be writing notes from the blackboard, but in reality just sit and slack on msn or your blog as it turns out in my case. As a matter of fact, whole next week is gonna be one giant group work of doom. Therefore I'm destined to do my updates at home. Life is cruel I suppose.
Also, I've begun playing my shaman a lot more than I used to. The simple explanation happens to be one of the main points of this entire post, which is why I'm gonna save it for later.

First moving on to the wonderful section of "wtf am I listening to in this very moment". I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with the band Lostprophets. It's a mix of emo/rock/punk.. stuff. Actually, I quite like it. I believe the first song I ever heard by them was Last Train Home. Indeed a classic to me by now, yet I'm gonna throw another song by them out there. Since this post is gonna be, as the title cleverly suggests, sort of a retrospective and a sneak peak of the future, I thought why not add a song to the post, which is sorta nostalgic for me. So, here it is: Lostprophets - Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja. When Nihilum back in the day released their Ahn'Qiraj movie by Zombie Entertainment I believe it was, this song was included in the tracklist. Every time I listen to it, I think back to the days of AQ. The opening event, the race to C'Thun, and the surprise of Nihilum beating DnT. If I recall correctly, this was the first time Nihilum beat DnT for a world first. No one was expecting it really, but it was nice to have some competition for it. As you most likely know, Nihilum basically ruled WoW regarding world firsts up until Sunwell, where SK finally beat them. If you know me (As in really know me. Not a lot of my friends do), you will know how much of a fanboy I am. I follow the race for world firsts very closely. At least I used to. These days world firsts don't really exist in my honest opinion. With the introduction of the optional achievements and stuff, it has become very hard to decide when a world first is actually a world first. Also, since the content is so easily beaten, you never really have that "omg DnT didnt kill him monday. Nihilum might have a chance at him tuesday, but then suddenly Curse comes and takes him on wednesday evening". Now you just hear about it really, it's impossible to be a spectator to as it used to be. I find this very annoying, yet I don't think it's ever coming back.
Moving on to the main point of the post.

Right. So here's the real reason I've called this post what I have. Before we had the nostalgia thingy of world first, here's the second part. If you have read one of my previous posts (I don't recall which one it was), you will know I have been racing a friend to reach 80 on my hunter. I lost. Yeah, I'm disappointed too. The delicious, wonderful and indeed refreshing coke in the shape of .5 liters will never be in my possesion (I spelled that right?). This bothers me a great deal, yet I've got to accept the consequences of this. On march the 21st 2009, my friend hit 80. I was still at 73 at that time, yet had been slacking a bit the days before. Really, I guess he deserved it. He fought well. He really, really did. Despite a sudden knockback, he came back in the fight and broke the streak of levels I was in. Showing this much confidence, and determination in a such hectic and indeed stressful situation is something not a lot of people would be able to handle. My friend did, which I believe, is what gave him the win in the end. Well that and the fact that I was burned out. Have you ever tried to level 2 chars from 0-80 in one go basically? I can tell you, it is one of the biggest tasks I have ever tried to accomplish. At this point, I'm still 73. I've sorta burned out on it, and since my friend now is 80, I don't feel the big need to level him to 80. It's not like I'm gonna use it anyway. Hunter is probably the most boring class ever invented by man. That and the fact that I've only logged onto my rogue once since I hit 80, tells my there's no real point in getting the last few levels at this point. I may level him at some point. You never really know I suppose.
This brings me back to me playing a lot on my shaman. My main char, Coire of Arathor EU, is more or less optimized gear wise. Only a few upgrades to get before Ulduar, so I choose to just raid with her for now. Therefore, I've chosen to get some updates for my shaman. I had almost completely forgotten how much fun enhancement dps was. It is, by far, the most enjoyable area of DPS I've ever tried. I'm getting a lot of epics these days, and hope to be ready to enter stuff like Naxx 25 in a couple of weeks.

So I guess that's what I wanted to share for now. Grats to my friend, he shall be rewarded at some point. I promise lad. Blue Plz (wcradio.com) is coming up in 15 minutes, with the latest updates from all across the WoW community. I'm certainly gonna tune in to listen to the latest rant of TotalBiscuit, and so should you.
Have nothing planned for next post. Gotta hope something interesting pops up (Which these things sorta tend to.)

Smell ya later.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar